"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it." -John Adams


Welcome to Patriot's Lament. We strive here to educate ourselves on Liberty. We will not worry ourselves so much with the daily antics of American politics, and drown ourselves in the murky waters of the political right or left.
Instead, we will look to the Intellectuals and Champions of Liberty, and draw on their wisdom of what it is to be a truly free people. We will learn from where our Providential Liberties are derived, and put the proper perspective of a Free Individual and the State.
Please join us!

Friday, April 26, 2013

What if it was your kid?

A good friend asked me the other day; " I listened to your show last week, but I have to ask you, what if your child was one of the ones killed, would you be all "due process" then?"
A hard question if you answer it honestly. And there are a few things to say here about the State and Justice, but that is another topic.
I answered, but asked him back," No doubt that is a hard question, but what if YOUR child was the one being accused?"
No doubt, you would be a believer in Due process.
Due Process is the one thing I think that separated the union of States from the rest of the world.
No one, not one, could be deprived of Life, Liberty, or Property without due process of Law. If found guilty, the remedy was there.
Strange how Statism has struck during this tragedy. Folks who are totally against the State and against Obama, decided that in this instance, they are full supporters.
Again I ask, where are the Sons of Liberty? The defenders of Due Process? The Libertarian? The Liberal? The Conservative?
It is a slow fade, a fading into totalitarianism, with the cheers of the above mentioned.

I hope, I pray, that there are still the Remnant, the Radicals as they may be called, who will stand and say NO!

Truly George Washington's words are more true today than when the Colonists were fighting for their Liberty some 250 years ago; " The time is near at hand, whether Americans are to be free men, or slaves."

I choose to be free. You?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment