"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it." -John Adams


Welcome to Patriot's Lament. We strive here to educate ourselves on Liberty. We will not worry ourselves so much with the daily antics of American politics, and drown ourselves in the murky waters of the political right or left.
Instead, we will look to the Intellectuals and Champions of Liberty, and draw on their wisdom of what it is to be a truly free people. We will learn from where our Providential Liberties are derived, and put the proper perspective of a Free Individual and the State.
Please join us!

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Geo-politics and Ukranian secession

Geo-Politics. This is what Richard Maybury is going to be talking with us about today on the Patriot's Lament radio show. I know we are going to be talking about the Russia/Ukraine/USA conflict.
I am mind boggled myself over this whole situation. The US government gets caught talking about spending $5 billion to support a coup and put in their own puppet government, the US government spin was that the Ukrainians have the right to their own self determination,(on this point I agree 100%, all people, every individual should be the owner of their own self and decide what they will or will not subject themselves to).
So there is a coup, and obviously the US sets up the government they want in place of the one that was in power. Then eastern Ukraine, Crimea in particular, votes to secede from Ukraine, and the US government all of a sudden does a 180 and says the Ukrainian people don't have a right to self determination. Of course Russia is blamed, but from what little I know, the eastern Ukrainians are basically ethnic Russians, and because of earlier State edicts, they were given to Ukraine. Like trading around cattle.
I'm not a cheerleader for the Russian State, I am against EVERY State, but I have to ask, why can't ALL the Ukrainian folks have self determination? If the eastern Ukrainians want to secede, and be apart of Russia, why not let them? Whether they want an autonomous state, or to live in an Anarchist state, what business is it of ANYONE'S except theirs?
Hans Hoppe argues for individual secession, and I like that idea. Why can't folks just live the lives they want, and be loyal, or disloyal, to whomever they want?
And more important, what business is it of anyone else?
I can see by looking at the "stats" on my blog, that we have folks from Russia and Ukraine that visit the blog. No, it doesn't tell me who anyone is, just that we had visits from these places.
So, if you are from Russia, or Ukraine, please, I don't know what is really going on, so tell us in your own words. Leave a comment.
For the rest of us, we should ask, why should any entity be able to tell any individual who or what they must obey or follow?
America was founded on secession, shouldn't Americans support secession movements anywhere in the world? I certainly do. If humans have the right to self ownership, we have the right to secede. If we don't have the right to secede, then we are merely slaves to the State that claims to own us.
Independence from the State should be our goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment