"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it." -John Adams


Welcome to Patriot's Lament. We strive here to educate ourselves on Liberty. We will not worry ourselves so much with the daily antics of American politics, and drown ourselves in the murky waters of the political right or left.
Instead, we will look to the Intellectuals and Champions of Liberty, and draw on their wisdom of what it is to be a truly free people. We will learn from where our Providential Liberties are derived, and put the proper perspective of a Free Individual and the State.
Please join us!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

One of my favorites

I literally tear up whenever I hear this song. There is a difference between the land that you love, and the State that claims it.
Choose.
 
1
My country, 'tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims' pride,
From ev'ry mountainside
Let freedom ring!
2
My native country, thee,
Land of the noble free,
Thy name I love;
I love thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills;
My heart with rapture thrills,
Like that above.
3
Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees
Sweet freedom's song;
Let mortal tongues awake;
Let all that breathe partake;
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong.

Notice there are no references to the government, or the State. Not to Congress, not to the Supreme Court, not to a President.  We are a people whose heritage is Liberty. We may have forgotten, no doubt, but where else in the world do people say, "I have a Right! I am free to..."
Folks, we can and we should be free. Free from government abuse, free to keep the earnings of our toil, free to speak, free to keep, free to be.
Divorce yourself from the State. Don't worry yourself about what man is in "control." Is he really in control of you?  Who can rule over you? Who should? And who should you wish to rule over?
I wish from the bottom of my heart that we would desire to be Free men again.
 Independent.
There are a lot of good people still in this land, the Remnant. Desire to be free. Learn what it is to be free. Get back to your roots, and be free men.

4
Our fathers' God to Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.
Long may our land be bright,
With freedom's holy light,
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God our King.

No comments:

Post a Comment